Well thanks to our wonderful friend John who babysat for us, Wayne and I had a wonderful night out last night. We went to Gold Class Cinemas and had dinner and watched ‘Date Night’. It was really nice to have a ‘grown up’ night out that didn’t involve talking about Sponge Bob or Super Mario which are Connor’s (our 4 year old) favourite topics of conversation at the moment.
I must say that the night started our quite awkward. To be honest I haven’t dressed up for that long because I have always tried to make myself inconspicuous so no one would look at me. When I actually put on my new outfit, did my hair and make up and fluffed about getting ready I actually felt really uncomfortable. This was strange to me because I had been excited all day about getting dressed up and going out. However, when it came to crunch time it felt strange to feel nice and feel happy with the way I looked. It took me over an hour of wondering around the house and looking in every single mirror at every single angle before I started to feel good about myself. Anyway, by the time we got to the cinema I was feeling really good and confident about how I looked. One thing I did keep asking myself (and Wayne a few times) was did I just look like a fat chick trying to look like a skinny chick??? This is one of my worst fears that people will think about me. I know that what other people think shouldn’t rule our lives but I’m one of those people who worry too much about what other people think about me. I’ve tried to change how I feel but it just doesn’t happen.
Anyway…. It’s my Birthday week!!! In our house you get a Birthday week. It starts 7 days before your Birthday and goes right up to the day. During this week you get special little surprises and first choice of whatever is happening and stuff like that. Well, I got to choose if I got my presents early or on my Birthday. Of course I chose early because I hate waiting hehehehe. Well, I got Pandora jewellery from my mum, a special Pandora charm from Connor, a GHD hair straightener from Wayne (how have I lived without this for so many years, it is amazing) and from our best friend John I got a Polar fitness watch. This watch is the bomb!!! Amy W actually blogged about them ages ago and I looked them up and put one on my Birthday wish list. This watch gives you your heart rate, exact calories burnt according to heart rate, weight and height, it tells you when you are in the fat burning zone and when you need to work harder. It also keeps a weekly record of your exercise and gives you averages at the end of each week and tells you where you need to improve… AMAZING!!! I am a lucky girl with such nice pressies!
Anyway, that’s all of my babbles for a Saturday night. I hope everyone is well and happy. Enjoy what it left of the weekend xx
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Weekend
Posted by Nicole at 4:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Can I join your family? I love the idea of birthday week! LOL!
I think you looked great, too. :)
Post a Comment