Friday, April 23, 2010

Rantings of a Drama Queen

Well there you go!!! I had predicted it was coming but hadn’t totally convinced myself that I was ok with it… No weight loss this week and I’m not a happy girl!!! Actually if I’m honest, I am up 200g…

How the hell did this happen. I haven’t done anything different with my eating, I have exercised but yet it has still happened! This is pretty minor and petty I know, but it makes me feel like crap.

Another thorn in my side is that I didn’t get to go to Zumba on Wednesday night because I got really sick late Tuesday night. I was so disappointed!

Anyway, had my fill on Thursday night. The doctors are happy with my loss so far. I now have 3mls in a 10ml band and my doctor told me that now each fill will only be small as we should be approaching the happy place and don’t want to overshoot the mark and make it too tight. HHHMMMM I will have to see if I like this idea. I have a friend who gets at least 1 to 1.5 ml fill each go and has 8mls already in a large band (she was banded a month before me). I will only be getting .5 or .3ml each time from now on. I guess I shouldn’t second guess the experts.

I had some nice compliments today from a girl at work and a friend’s mum. My friends mum said she didn’t recognise me because I had lost so much weight and my friend at work told me that I was looking ‘skinny’ and ‘fantastic’. Although I know I am no where near skinny it’s nice to know that people have noticed the weight loss. I just wish I could see what they see because I still see a fat chick when I look in the mirror…

Just having a blue day I guess…



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep - it sounds like a blue one to me!!!

Awww.... we've all been there though!

Damn that scale!!!

But consider this - I am sooooo jealous of your weight loss! You have been rocking the band. You are like 27 kgs down!!! In case you missed that - that's like almost 60 pounds (don't pounds just sound more impressive!!). That's since Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm going a little overboard with my !'s but I'm impressed!).

So reality check - a week where the scale goes up 200gm's SUCKS big time but give it the old one fingered salute 'cause you are so winning this round :-)

Chin up and stuff the scales

Anonymous said...

PS - you are soooo far from being a drama queen - just human :-)

Girl Bandit said...

Hi Nicole...I am finally catching up on everything. Following your blog now!!!! Don't sweat the 200gm could be a bowel movement. I have been struggling a little after easter too but this is for life....not another diet. Hang in there. Love your slide show...your family looks gorgeous